 Technic / 5939
Re: Suspension for supercar sized Hummer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:48:05 GMT

Michael Camilleri
"Thomas (T. J.) Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, Michael Camilleri writes:
I don't want to use the power pulled wheels because they are too fat and
balloon like for a realistic looking Hummer.  Now that I think about it I
think I'll be able to settle for a minimum of 2" in clearance.  The
suspension on the 8466 4x4 off roader looks interesting but I really • don't
want to buy a $100+ set just for the suspension.

No, buy it for the tires! ;-)

I meant the tires are too fat and balloon like for a realistic looking
Hummer.

The other suspensions that you showed me that you built look a little • flimsy
for a big Hummer.

FLIMSY?!

I have faith in this one:
I pounded it up and down with my fist and the suspension held up fine. • With
enough shock absorbers, it would definitely support a model the size of a
big super car.

TJ

The suspension looks fine except for the front axle only going through one
piece.  I think this gives too much wobble