 Technic / 5892
Re: Anybody seen 8466 4X4 Off-Roader in stores?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 03:58:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Hulliberger writes:
I posted a message about a week ago in this group regarding availability of
the 8466 4X4 Off-Roader in local stores, but it is so far down in the topics
now that I don't know how many people actually saw it that could help me
out.  I am looking for the 8466 set in stores and can't find it anywhere,
even in a big city.  No ToysRUs has it, Wal-mart, Target, etc, etc.  I can't
buy it on-line or at Lego Shop@Home because of delivery issues.  Has anybody
seen it, or bought it in retail stores?  Any info appreciated by e-mail or here.
Thanks, Eric

Sorry, I don't think I noticed your previous topic. (real life prevents me
from checking out this place frequently) Actually I have not really seen the
8466 anywhere in a normal outlet; I got mine directly from the Lego S@H
service. My parents and brother were in Denmark a few weeks ago though and
said that they saw this item at a Legoland store there, so I think it is
only sold at official Lego outlets.

I have an extra one which I would sell to you, but I found out that I might
be able to use the pieces in a project I am working on and it would need to
be mail-delivered anyway.

What sort of delivery problems are you having? The issue that I frequently
encounter is that there is nobody home when the parcel arrives and it
requires the recepient's signature before it can dropped off; I usually end
up having to visit the local post office to pick up the item.

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com
http://cp5670.250x.com/TC/