 Technic / 5580
    Technic model construction time —Gaurav Thakur
   How long does does it take all of you to build a typical Technic custom creation/MOC? (the larger ones in general, such as the type that are usually displayed on Lugnet) For me it is usually between two and four months, working on the model for (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Technic model construction time —Thomas (T. J.) Avery
     (...) This is a good question. I'm also curious as to the time it takes other builders to make such MOCs. From my experience on my big crawler crane, I've estimated that it took me 200 to 250 hours straight building time. However, that was spread (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Technic model construction time —Ross Crawford
     (...) crane) each took about 6 months, no idea of actual hours. Smaller projects I usually try to get done in 1 sitting. ROSCO (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Technic model construction time —Adrian Egli
   A good question. The planning stages, just using paper & pencil, graphic calc from time to time, takes about 2 to 8 weeks. No really fancy plans on paper or screen, just number values and sketches. The prototype stage can take 1 to 12 hours straight (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.technic)