 Technic / 5591
Re: Technic model construction time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:10:58 GMT

A good question.  The planning stages, just using paper & pencil, graphic
calc from time to time, takes about 2 to 8 weeks.  No really fancy plans on
paper or screen, just number values and sketches.

The prototype stage can take 1 to 12 hours straight building time, longer if
you include breaks (have to eat or move my legs from time to time).  Then
I'll just let the model sit around from a day to 2 weeks and let additional
ideas pop up then either make changes the prototype or, more likely, put
notes on paper.  Always carry a pen and Post It (tm) sheets when out of the
house.

The final construction, say a bridge & ramps setup of Technic beams for my
trains will take 48 hours straight.  In real time, about 10 days.  Planning
to prototype to final model is three months real time.

Adrian
"Gaurav Thakur" <cp5670@supermail.com> wrote in message
How long does does it take all of you to build a typical Technic custom
creation/MOC? (the larger ones in general, such as the type that are • usually
displayed on Lugnet) For me it is usually between two and four months,
working on the model for three of four hours each day. (although my • current
project will probably pass the 4-month limit...LOL) Several times I have • had
to scrap ideas for a model due to some problem or another (sometimes even
start from scratch) or work out an alternate way of completing a task, • which
adds to the overall time required.

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com
http://cp5670.250x.com/TC/