 Technic / 5583
Re: Technic model construction time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:39:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur writes:
How long does does it take all of you to build a typical Technic custom
creation/MOC?

This is a good question. I'm also curious as to the time it takes other
builders to make such MOCs.

From my experience on my big crawler crane, I've estimated that it took me
200 to 250 hours straight building time. However, that was spread out over a
course of 2 years. Many things got in the way: buying a house, remodelling 2
bathrooms, work, etc., etc.

I remember building my truss bridges years ago. I think it only took me a
few days per model, mind you that was non-stop building each day (~12 hours
per day).

For smaller examples, the 4-wheel drive with steering "ideas" on my website
took me about 4 to 5 hours per model. Of course these were built hastily and
could use some refinement (i.e. add another 4 to 5 hours). So, for a small
Technic car, building the chassis would take me about two full days of building.

T. J.
http://tanyatj.home.texas.net/tjscreations/