 Technic / 5484
Re: scanning for new parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 03:26:21 GMT

"Thomas (T. J.) Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message
news:GG2A1F.GLK@lugnet.com...
What I would like Lego to do is make more pictures and descriptions
available. How much would it cost them to post a few more pictures of 8466
(and others, too) on the Net or simply put more text descriptions? We • could
get a better look at the beast and tell for sure what new and old parts • are
available.

I know what you mean.  Lego has this facination of driving us nuts.  Being a
Technic fan more than the other themes, I would be biased to say they drive
us nuts more than the others.  I just think because we are looking for more
function for the sets every year, TLG marketing says "Humm, in our first
photos, let's just give them a photo just detailed enough but not so much
they will clearly see everything."  What I'm wondering about is have either
of these model been printed in a European "Technic only" brochure?  Remember
the 1994 one?  Ah, those were the days.

I'll tell you, if I knew for sure exactly what parts came with 8466, it
would help my decision to buy it or not. As it is, I'm waiting for a • fellow
Lugnetter to get theirs and then tell us all about it.

I'm #2 on the American S@H list but I made the mistake of requesting regular
and not express delivery :-(  I'll have to see if I can fix that!

Oh well, I don't mean to complain. I'm excited about the new sets (8465,
8466)and I'm glad that they're not too specialized/juniorized.

T. J.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does come with the 4WD it says and
not be the upset the 8279 was (4WD, yes, steering, well they forgot about
that!)
Adrian