 Technic / 4976
Re: Lugnet acronyms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 03:19:26 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Shiri Dori writes:

Yeah, I kinda wish I had kept a list of all the people who sent me
acronyms... I guess it's kinda too late now :-( (I get lots of suggestion
emails and delete them right after I add them).

I'm glad you give Derek credit for the list, though!

//

Since the demise of dejanews.com, I've been pleasantly surprised
to see that google's usenet archives are actually in better shape
than deja's were, although they are still sketchy if you go back
to 1995.  But it was interesting - I found the very first
iteration of the r.t.l acronym list posted in summer '95.  It
was compiled and posted by Eric Pilcher.  I'm pretty sure that
Derek used Eric's version as source material, just as you used Derek's
list.

//

If I come up with some additional information about some of the
terms, Shiri, would you consider linking to that information?  I'm
thinking about expanded entries for the term 'BURP' etc with some
'the history behind the jargon' exposition.  I'd be more motivated
to do the research and post the pages on lugnet if you'd link to
them from your document.  :^)

--

Jeff <jthompson@esker.com>   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"