 Technic / 4947
Re: Lugnet acronyms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 02:28:00 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur writes:
This is probably a really stupid question, since everyone here seems to know
what these mean, but could someone tell me what "MOC" and "AFOL" stand for?
Thanks...

Check here...

http://www.lugnet.com/~88/acronym_faq/

which is maintained thanks to Shiri Dori's efforts, although there are many
contributors. Unfortunately you sort of have to know to look for it. It's
not listed on the homepage.

HTH (YCLIU (1) ) :-)

1 - that one's not in there but it's sort of a general usenet acronym...
whenever you see an acronym you suspect might be generic rather than Lego(r)
specific, try here:
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/
... but it's not in there either!
ANYWAY, it means You Could Look It Up. And in this case, you COULD look up
YCLIU, but you wouldn't find it. :-)

++Lar