 Technic / 461
460  |  462
Subject:
Motor-powered 8880??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 02:09:41 GMT

I know I asked this question a bit earlier this month, but it was in a message
specifically on modified 8880's and I thought a more descriptive title might
get more response.  Has anyone ever added 9-v motors to an 8880 and gotten it
to move?  I have 2 of the new gear-motors (bought specificaly (sic?) for this
purpose in mind.  I would appreciate any and all info.  If it makes any
differance, my 8880 has a 12-cylinder engine (removed the "top" steering to
make room for it) and I had to modify the chain linkage to the transmission,
but there is very little slack in the chain (enough for free movement, no
slippage).  I soon will be replacing the grey/grey engine with a trans/red
engine (thanks Legocorky!) and would love to see this beauty move under it's
own power!

Thanks in advance,
Pat