 Technic / 454
RE: turntable sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:55:02 GMT

Does anyone know why it is so darn expensive to ship this set???  I am in Canada
and the site says that it would cost 80 Canadian dollars to ship the set.  I know
the box is big...but $80 big!!  Maybe I am missing something.  Other than the
shipping cost I would order one right now.  I can't find any of these sets where I
am.

Try getting someone in the States to buy the set for you, then have
them bundle it into a smaller, plain box and ship it surface mail.

They are charging $80 because they have to put it into a bigger box,
insure it, fill out customs invoices, etc. They are, after all, in business.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com