 Technic / 431
  Check my math? 8448 gearbox ratios

While disassembling my 8448 last night, I decided to work out the gear ratios from the engine output to the drive axle. I came up with the following (many apologies if this has been discussed here before). This is ascii art, so if you're on the web (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Check my math? 8448 gearbox ratios

Tim, I also worked out the gearbox ratios after I built my 8448 and got the same results. I must admit your diagrams are a lot neater than mine! Actually, I did my analysis all the way to the rear axle, which turns 1.5 times slower than the drive (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Check my math? 8448 gearbox ratios

(...) yes, please! I'm interested! Pat (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Check my math? 8448 gearbox ratios

Pat <patrickemerson@mindspring.com> wrote: :>I've also worked out the gearbox ratios for the 8880 Supercar. I can post :>them if anyone is interested. :> :>== Steve : yes, please! I'm interested! : Pat Ok, if my math is correct: GEAR ENGINE : AXLES (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)