 Technic / 640
Re: Check my math? 8448 gearbox ratios
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 04:47:41 GMT

Pat <patrickemerson@mindspring.com> wrote:

:>I've also worked out the gearbox ratios for the 8880 Supercar.  I can post
:>them if anyone is interested.
:>
:>== Steve

: yes, please! I'm interested!

: Pat

Ok, if my math is correct:

GEAR     ENGINE : AXLES (front & rear)
1            1 : 0.444
2            1 : 0.667
3            1 : 1.333
4            1 : 2.000

One minor point I forgot to mention about this and the 8448 analysis is
that I am assuming all drive wheels are moving at the same speed in the
same direction; i.e. the differentials are essentially not functioning.

Hope this is of interest,

== Steve