 Technic / 428
Re: Alternate 8888?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:13:44 GMT

I'm not sure I understand your reply.  When you say "This picture" do you
mean the book shown as being the 8888, or the catalog scan itself.  What do
you mean by "Technic Folder"?

Anyway, just to be clear, if you look here you will see the US cover for
this
book:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8888

It is clearly different from the one shown in the scan in question.

"Maico Arts" <maico@m-arts.demon.nl> wrote in message
Hello

Mark Koesel <koesel@umich.edu> schreef in berichtnieuws
FMHBAG.D6u@lugnet.com...
I've never noticed this before.  This picture of the 8888 idea book
seems to have a different cover than the "standard" one.  Has anyone
ever seen one like this, or was this a prerelease photograph?

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1980/c80eu/c80eu-23.html

(it's in the upper right-hand corner of the scan)

This picture is from a Technic Folder.
But as far as I know this book has the same frontpage as the US one...

greetings from the Netherlands

--
Maico Arts