 Technic / 489
Re: Alternate 8888?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:20:07 GMT

"Maico Arts" <maico@m-arts.demon.nl> wrote in message
news:FMxzvr.8MI@lugnet.com...
Mark Koesel <koesel@umich.edu> schreef in berichtnieuws
FMqL0I.1MD@lugnet.com...

What do you mean by "Technic Folder"?

A Technic Folder is a little catalog inside a Technic box. this
catalog only shows the technic models...

Ah, okay, so you were just using "Technic Folder" as a synonym for
"Technic Catalog".

Anyway, just to be clear, if you look here you will see the US cover
for this book:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8888

It is clearly different from the one shown in the scan in question.

that is right, the european version also has this cover.  In this
little technic catalog they have used the wrong picture...

Yes, the picture is "wrong" as far as what we know about the 8888.

But I still wonder what this picture is really of.  I mean, they
were certainly photographing *something* when they took that
picture.  Is it just a 'prototype' version of the 8888 cover?  Maybe
it was an early version of the book that did actually get released for
a short time (which would make it a rarity)?  This is what I was
really asking in the original post?

I hope I am not confusing you more with my bad english...

No, that's okay, I think we understand each other.