 Technic / 4078
Re: 8082 Universal set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 04:18:44 GMT

Thanks for the replies. I built the forklift model and apart from a few
design glitches (which can be corrected easily), the function switch system
has to be one of the most innovative ones I've seen! There is essentially a
platform on which the main motor rests along with several axle with worm
gears on them. The micro-motor slides the platform around, which allows the
worm gears to lock on to differnt combinations of 24-tooth crown gears and
therefore activates different function. I thought this system was very cool...

As a side note this set comes with 3 white pieces that seem to be used to
hold multiple electric cables together. These appear to be made of some sort
of elastic material and can bend easily and still retain their original
shape when un-bent. The 8485 Control Center II also comes with two of these.
Are there any other sets that also include this piece?