 Technic / 3551
Re: 25th Birthday for Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:49:52 GMT

I don't really mind what the models are, as long as they include lots of
"standard" technic pieces. The latest sets seem to be heading away from the
good, useful, mechanical stuff, and heading more towards looks - I just want
more technic beams!

Same here; some of the older sets really came with tons of beams as compared
to today sets...two that comes to mind are 8880 and 8485...

What do you think from a monstertruck (like #8858) with the big wheels from
the Power Puller.

Oddly enough, I had the exact same idea. :-) It wold be nice if they
designed a monster truck version of a super car (large size, transmission,
4-wheel drive, suspension, etc). The only monster trucks I can think of that
were released are the 8816 Off-Road rambler and the 8858 Rebel Wrecker...it
would be nice to have another one...

Something that uses Polarity Switches, Pneumatics and engines. Some
electronic pneumatic switches would be fine.

Yeah, I would also like to see more models with those polarity switches. As
far as I know, the only Technic sets that included these were the 8082
universal set and the 8480 Space shuttle. Pneumatics would also be nice...

I think engines is one place where the newer models really shine in. The
8279 4WD X-track has a V4, 8458 Silver champion has
a V10 and the 8457 Power Puller includes 20 (!) engine parts that can be
configured in various ways.

It would be also nice to have a Control Center 3 set. The second Control
Center was released about 5 years after the first, and it's been almost 6
years since then.