 Technic / 3549
Re: Mata Nui
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:16:43 GMT

This sounds weird

I done some work on the word "Mata Nui" and its FIJIAN - and it means
"Genuine Eye"

And also "Mata Nui" comes from Easter Island, before anybody says that its
called Rapa Nui, but the name is in the text

Here's few links

http://www.netaxs.com/~trance/outrig.html
http://www.ladatco.com/IPC-about.HTM
http://www.fijiguide.com/Facts/vocabulary.html

Weird?, I suppose that this theme will be a bit weird?

What do you think?
--
Michael

- - -
Please reply on
medwards@ukonline.co.uk
Home of the UK Lego Technic Club Magazine
                www.technic-uk.co.uk

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message

This has been bugging me since the first time I saw the Bionicle catalogue
pages.

Isn't "Mata Nui" the name of the island that Harrison Ford and Anne Heche • are
stranded on in "Six Days Seven Nights"?  Or at least the one that Ford • thinks
they're on?

I *know* I've heard the name "Mata Nui" before.

eric