 Technic / 3515
Re: Mata Nui
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 04:06:06 GMT

  Did you follow the footsteps to the lava?  That's as close as I've got to
getting of the beach, besides the rock thingy.
-Nathan

In lugnet.technic, James Howse writes:
This has be mentioned before, but since the search engine is out of order
I'll start a new thread.
The new site at
www.bionicle.com (auto-refers to www.lego.com/bionicle/) requires flash (4?)
to view. Once that's going it does look nice although there isn't much to see.
If you check out the observatory (green stone on plinth) you'll see some odd
symbols, circles with lines. They're numbers. There are numbers under the
constellation/ pictograms on the base and some when you click on the stone
itself.
In the observatory view you can see the red comet in making the
constellation indicated in the first plaque. The position of the comet is
the red gem in the pictogram. The bottom right numbers are radian and
declination, counting where the screen in looking at in the sky. The top
right has two number lines. One is counting up, the other down. There are
some 2826200 seconds left on the clock, which puts the next event some 32
days away. (the end of Jan).
It's a little annoying to have to wait so long. If anyone has discovered
more places to go, I'd like to know. Is there a way off the beach? (except
to the observatory/henge)

James (who has done entirely too much astronomy for his own good.)