 Technic / 3209
Re: 3 Section Telescopic Crane Boom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 22:27:23 GMT

Hi Jennifer,

  http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/ideas.htm

..would have been great to have used such a technic 15 years ago in my
3-sectioned crane! I also thought how THIS might work in real an came up with
that kind of cable-mechanism you used! But I never was able to fit it into a
technic construction ;-((

But how does a real multi sectioned boom work? Probably by a multi sectioned
huge hydraulic "thing" (how is it called??) I will search at Liebherr.com
later...

And if you build it very long, it won't be so bad that the difference in
wideness 6-4-2 studs (rather than 6-5-4) isn't that bad. But this point will
remain the most difficult step in case of designing a "good looking" mulit
sectioned boom!

[I recieved the Star Was doids 8000 and 8002 for birthday presents: Great
ressources for new kind ao technic pieces: half L-shaped bricks and plenty of
ideas for compact foldable technic mechanisms. Will see, how these guys will
fit into my technic ideas...]

Keep on technical-bricking,
Holger