 Technic / 2956
Re: The Giant Wheelbot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.fun
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:45:39 GMT

  That is amazing !  I had no idea someone else was working on a wheelbot/
wheeliebot.  And it looks like we both started out on the same path.  I have a
similar lattice structure to yours using just Technic parts but as mentioned
it was never very strong and it did not have sufficient curvature on the
outside to allow the RCX & motors to swing it forward and move the structure.

Yep, I made this in May '00 I reccon and as the page declares, it
didn't work to good :)

All I can say is "great minds think alike". :)

LOL!

  What are your thoughts on making the structure turn ?  Got a few on the
drawing board but need some time to try them all out.  Current thought is an
RCX that will slide within the width of the wheel structure and hoping the
weight shift to one side will be sufficient for a turn when swung forwards/
backwards.

I haven't really though of it much since the version on the web. My
hopes was that the wheel could be divided in two halfs and to have two
engines to turn them different, so that it would swing around like a
tank. The construction was way to weak. But I still think this is the
way to go. I have had a few other projects taking up my time but I
might resort to this one again later on. It bugs me I never got it up
and running. Perhaps ypu can solve it so I can copy-cat you later ,)

/Tobbe