 Technic / 2955
Re: The Giant Wheelbot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.fun
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:31:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
That looks familiar ,)

http://lego.arnesson.nu/project/wheeliebot.html

At least you got yours working :)

Tobbe,
   That is amazing !  I had no idea someone else was working on a wheelbot/
wheeliebot.  And it looks like we both started out on the same path.  I have a
similar lattice structure to yours using just Technic parts but as mentioned
it was never very strong and it did not have sufficient curvature on the
outside to allow the RCX & motors to swing it forward and move the structure.
All I can say is "great minds think alike". :)
   What are your thoughts on making the structure turn ?  Got a few on the
drawing board but need some time to try them all out.  Current thought is an
RCX that will slide within the width of the wheel structure and hoping the
weight shift to one side will be sufficient for a turn when swung forwards/
backwards.
KK