 Technic / 2779
Re: Favorite Technic sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 11:36:17 GMT

Can someone set up a vote on their webpage? Would be interesting...

Anyway, my list from sets I have (and I only have 12 Technic sets):
850    Forklift
8848  Power truck
8286  3 in 1 car

I guess I'm the first to include pre-8000 sets. I love the forklift because
it's my first tech set, but also for playability. The Power truck is one of
the best in compact design and looks (IMHO). The 3 in 1 is great for parts,
looks and the modular design. I'll just forgive LEGO for the propellors at
the back in an attempt to make it look like an amphibious thing.

My top 3 of sets I don't have (read: my wish list):
8479  Barcode truck
8839  Supply ship
8880  Super car

The barcode truck may lose out to Mindstorms for options, but it's a great
looking model. The supply ship simply because it's a ship: a change from all
those cars. Lego should do more ships, planes and other non-cars. The 8880
Supercar because it's simply impressive, both on looks and internals. Beats
the new supercar for me because of those tubes and body panels.
Number 4 would be 8462, the tow truck: great looks, and pneumatics

"Gaurav Thakur" <cp5670@supermail.com> wrote in message
If you had to choose three all-time favorite Technic sets, what would they • be?

Mine are...
1: 8868 Airtech Claw Rig
2: 8480 Space Shuttle
3: 8460 Pneumatic Crane Truck