 Technic / 2730
Re: best source of yellow?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:26:22 GMT

My understanding is that they did license the name for the Indy Transport...
maybe they thought the licence would carry across to the Indy Storm as
well???  Speculation, not fact, so don't quote me! :)

Dave

In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur writes:
It heard rumours that it may have been a licensing issue with the folks that
own the rights to the "Indy" name (I forget the group's formal name, but
it's the owners of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway...

I heard that Lego didn't realize that the name was a licensed commodity and
that they pulled it due to that issue.

Oh okay; thanks for shedding some light on the subject. It's a bit strange
though, since there was a standard Lego (not Technic) model called "Indy
Transport" and that was around for quite a while without having problems...