 Technic / 2484
Re: what set(s) should I get?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 06:10:26 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kerry Raymond writes:

    What state are you in?  In Melbourne I have seen the Power Puller at
David Jones, a bit pricy though.  TRU are selling the 8462 Tow Truck for
$136, which is good if you want pneumatics.  Basically look for sets on
special, usually the older ones, new sets cost more.

Yes, I'd vote for the 8462 as well. Great set especially with the discounted
price at Australia TRUs.

Unfortunately the current catalogue is a bit little-on for really nice
Technics sets; too many Roboriders and Slizers for my taste.

I'd also suggest the 8480 Space Shuttle. It's not current catalogue but you
can still pick them up at some on-line stores and on e-bay at around USD 100
(when I last looked). There is one on e-bay from Perth but the seller has
set a ridiculous initial price of AUD 360 on it, and (surprise surprise)
nobody is bidding.

TRU Penrith had the 8462 for $99, they had at least six sets.
The 8448 is down to $129 there as well, they had two sets.

pw