 Technic / 2129
    Build of 8868 from instruction scans —Bob Sardelli
   After buying and building about 15 technic kits I'm starting to run out of kits I don't have. (Yes, I know there are a bunch of new ones coming or already here, but $$$ is becoming an obstacle.) So I started building the alternative models with (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Build of 8868 from instruction scans —John Matthews
     Pitfalls? Just keep building man! Turn your 'pitfall' into an opportunity for a new model of your own design! Build On! John Matthews Bob Sardelli <squidman@ccnmail.com> wrote in message news:G04L2w.MtA@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) instruction (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Build of 8868 from instruction scans —Lars Gertsen
     Hi, I have bought a box of used bricks. Once there was all the parts for the 8868 but not any more. Some of the yellow beams used for the crane was missing, but I usen black instead!! One problem that I could not solve without buying extra parts was (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Build of 8868 from instruction scans —Tobbe Arnesson
   (...) You need a small pneumatic cylinder and one compressor, also you need an extra pneumatic switch. Plus the tubing already meantioned. The tires seems to be pretty large but I'm sure the tow trucks or some other models wheels should work just (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Build of 8868 from instruction scans —Adam Ogle
   I tryed building it also. If you have the "Super Towtruck", use some of the blue flexible tubes as extention. Just simplely connect a hose on either end and vola! Or you can goto Lowe's or Home Depot and pick up about 50 ft. of screen tubing in .75 (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)