 Technic / 1905
Re: Just Started 8479 Code Pilot Truck....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 11:23:05 GMT

I just started on the main model (the truck) for the Code Pilot set (8479) and
MAN do I appreciate the work Lego has put into the newer kits by segregating
pieces in to sequentially numbered containers.

The Super Street Sensation (8448) and the Star Wars Destroyer Droid (8002) are
much more enjoyable to assemble than the Code Pilot models because the
instructions are broken up into numbered collections of parts that almost all
get used up before proceeding to the next container.

Granted, the Code Pilot kit is more of a full-fledged combo set than an actual
model, but the Super Street Sensation allows for easy back-tracking to the
previous iteration (just go through the manual in reverse, taking away pieces)
so that you can go a different path to one of the other models.

Here's hoping that the components for all future Technic models are similarly
segregated. Kudos, Lego.

I agree with you, but there's a changing in the instructions what I don't like.
The instructions become longer and longer, and every step thrink to only a few
bricks.

This is maybe good for the smaller sets, but for the expert-sets it's horrible
I think. With the older sets you have to search a lot of bricks, and than you
have to look where these parts have to be.

I think the expert-sets can be build by non-experts at this moment. It isn't
difficulty anymore!!

Bye,

Eelco Kooiker
http://www.kooiker.demon.nl/eelco/