 Technic / 2026
Re: Just Started 8479 Code Pilot Truck....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:22:41 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eelco Kooiker wrote:

I agree with you, but there's a changing in the instructions what I don't like.
The instructions become longer and longer, and every step thrink to only a few
bricks.

This is maybe good for the smaller sets, but for the expert-sets it's horrible
I think. With the older sets you have to search a lot of bricks, and than you
have to look where these parts have to be.

Well, at least the instruction books look quite impressive. ;)

I think the expert-sets can be build by non-experts at this moment. It isn't
difficulty anymore!!

I think that's the point -- LEGO is trying to lower the bar on these sets,
avoiding barriers that will prevent the largest number of people from
enjoying (and buying) these sets.

I like the modular design of the 8448 (don't have the Destroyer Droid), but
I prefer the approach taken with previous large Technic sets (the 8479 and
the Space Shuttle spring to mind): the pieces were very well sorted in
their bags, so once you figured out which types of pieces were located in
which bags, you could find any part easily.  I *don't* the Technic Jr.
approach of dividing the model into submodel boxes, with separate sets of
parts.

OTOH, it makes things easier for parts resellers. :)

Too bad TLG hasn't offered new "body sets" for 8448.  I'd like to give my
sports car a paint job. :)  With the upcoming silver parts packs, I'll be
at least able to do a silver/gray version.

Steve