 Technic / 1859
Re: Bicycle Construction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 06:25:44 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Leila Sushak writes:
I am interested in constructing the bicycle shown at the bottom of page 71 in
"The Ultimate Lego Book"...Can someone advise as to who I could contact to
purchase these individual pieces?

Among the best places to buy parts for this sort of creation is Dan
Jezek's "Brickbay."  This site is a conduit for LEGO fans to sell their
surplus parts.  You can visit his site at Brickbay.com.  You will likely need
to be prepared to buy enough parts to build several bikes as most persons are
not willing to sell just one brick, plate, grille, etc.

In my opinion, the critical pieces for the bike are the wheels, the control
sticks (to hold the cyclinders in place), and the 1x1 brick with 4 side studs.
Other elements used to build the bike can be substituted for other parts if
necessary. You may wish to consult the parts reference on LUGNET to determine
the name of the parts you are after.

Good luck.  I have built several of these bikes.  If you visit LEGOLAND
California you will see these bikes throughout MINILAND.

Ashley