 Technic / 16746
Re: NXTasy down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:14:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Jetro de Chateau wrote:

I've been trying to read the NXTasy front page and forums for a couple
of days without any luck. The site appears to be down. Does anyone
know what's going on?

I wish we did. NXTasy has gone down for reasons unknown, and at least so far
hasn't come back up. The only guy who has admin privileges (Eric... something. I
don't remember his last name) hasn't been around for a while, and no one has
been able to contact him. I'm a moderator on the site, but I'm not different in
this regard than the rest of you - NXTasy may be gone for good.

Rats. Suggestions?

There is no way that NXTasy is gone for good.  APlus.net appears to be the
hosting company.  They have undergone a big upgrade of hosted sites which may be
the root cause for the site being down.  Eric Salinas is the owner of the site
but there has got to be a way to get whatever is causing the outage fixed.  I
have emailed APlus a couple of times and will try calling their technical
support line.  Guy Ziv should be involved as he is the defacto site owner with
Eric essentially unreachable.  But APlus should have a way to contact Eric and
there should be some way to transfer ownership of the site, if necessary, to
another individual.

John Hansen