 Technic / 1637
Re: Gluing broken bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 02:58:09 GMT

     I have used with success (This is a US Brand, but read on)
Loctite 495.  This is a "professional" type of Cyanoacrylate glue, AKA
Superglue in America.  Go to your hobbyshop and get a high quality
Cyanoacrylate, as the Discount store variety is not worth taking home
(at least here in the US)

   You need to go to a hobbyshop that sells radio controlled
cars/parts, as radio control car racers use this type of glue to
attach the tires to the wheels.  It comes in several thicknesses, you
want the thin stuff as the thicker ones tend to be messy.  You will
need to apply very little of the glue to the parts, I squirted some on
a piece of cardboard and used a toothpick to apply it to the broken
part.  You want to barely wet them. After joining the 2 parts, hold
them together by hand and have a cotton swab ready and get all of the
excess glue that squeezes out off as quickly as you can.  Hold them by
hand for about 5 minutes, then carefully put the parts down and let
them dry overnight.

     If you get the glue on your hands be careful, as it will bond
skin to anything else you touch when it is wet, and very quickly.
That includes other skin, Lego, your eye, or anything else you touch.

Good Luck!

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 05:13:57 GMT, Lars Gertsen <lgg@systematic.dk>