 Technic / 1636
1635  |  1637
Subject:
a bit of a description of 8279 "4-WD X-Track"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:56:00 GMT

After asking S@H about some Technic release dates (8457, 8458 -
August 18; 8279 - August 21), I asked if they had any sort of
description of 8279. Oddly enough, they do:
(I guess S@H is the only place that does?)
456 (I think) parts, $70-something, built in modules,
around a central motor-cum-battery-box (that's new - or could
they mean one of the simple robot controllers?); extra instructions
(for different ways to combine the 5 or 6 modules) on the web;
4-wheel drive is mentioned; it did not really sound as if that
was also included in the motor part. Nothing else was said
about the 4WD, so one is still left to wonder whether is uses
crown gears or new mini universal or CV joints or what.

Approx. prices for 8457, 8458 - $110, $180.