 Technic / 1635
Re: Gluing broken bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:22:10 GMT

I read in a previous posting that the writer felt it was wrong
to use a glue that disolves the plastic material. I believe that
that is an incorrect statement. I have been using MEK based glue
to attach bricks to each other for a while now. You need to practice!
But, using the correct amount and allowing a few days for the
solvent to completely evaporate, the melting together of the bricks
forms a really tough bond. I thinking melting the the two surfaces
together is a must, not a mistake!

JB

ps: A typical MEK based glue is PVC pipe cement. I buy mine from my
local plumbing supply.