 Technic / 16181
Re: RSRA-2008
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 02:01:33 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Eric Sophie wrote:
   I have been working with a Home Schooler named Ian, to create a Robotic Arm.

Ian and I have completed our Robot Arms.

We made several adjustments to the original design.
Including an upgrade to the end effector.
We removed the NXT motor and opted to use a 9v geared motor instead.
The gripper now uses a clutch gear to protect itself from over rotation.

We also added a rotation sensor to one of the lower pivot points.
We plan on adding a third rotation sensor to the upper pivot to help protect itself from over rotation.

We began teaching our RSRA’s to learn to protect itself by using the rotation sensors in RoboLab.

If anybody has any suggestions, we would like to hear them.

Here is a picture of both our Robot Arms:

Enjoy

Eric & Ian