 Technic / 16247
Re: RSRA-2008
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:33:54 GMT

In preparation for our RSRA Q&A / display during Engineer’s Week at the
Liberty Science Center, for the FLL Expo, (JCNJ), Ian and I have created a
simple ball return system.

Basically a set of ramps that the RSRA can interact with.
Whereas, as one robot arm would lift a ball from the base of the ramp and
then lift it up to the upper portion of the second ramp, then gravity would
roll the ball down to the catch basin. Then second arm would repeat the
process, creating a closed loop system.

Here are some low res cell phone pictures of our initial contraption design.

The catch basin has a light sensor and the pair of RSRA’s can detect the ball
and then reach for the ball, then move to the ball up to the opposite
side, and so on...

We thought it would be a simple way to show how the robot arms coud do
repetative jobs, as well as showcase their range of motion.

:)

Eric & Ian

RSRA - on Brickshelf