 Technic / 1618
Re: Why Lego, Why
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:51:08 GMT

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message
news:slrn8k9lp5.rt8.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu...

I don't think that this is meant to be a substitute for the pneumatic
system. It's just a fancier shock absorber.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that that is all it's mean to be. Just a spring with
an inbuilt dampener, so that it has a much slower rebound. If you used one
of the 'normal' springs on there, the doors on the 8448 would probably pop
up too fast for the eye to see. :)

David Drew.