 Technic / 16053 (-20)
  Octomedius

I was inspired by Philo's pneumatic wheel and his ratio of 1 switch per piston. (URL) right, in that when I did my Inchworms they all used two switches per piston, and he cut it to one. I wondered how short I could make one of my inchworms and still (...) (17 years ago, 26-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Inchworm 4

I was playing with pneumatic piston and switch linkages trying to improve on the geometries I've developed in the past. This lead to inchworm 4. (URL) 4 has two waves travel down its body like inchworm 3 (URL) big difference is the design of an (...) (17 years ago, 26-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Inchworm 3

Real life has finally slowed down enough to have time to build. After showing off my robots at an elementary school in another town for three days, I got a huge burst of energy. My first creation was a new kind of pneumatic inchworm. It uses the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Christmas Technic

(...) I did, I got the bulldozer as well. Looking forward to opening it. Janey "Red Brick" P.S. Happy Holidays to everyone on LUGnet (17 years ago, 25-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Christmas Technic

So I got the technic Motorized Bulldozer 8275 for Christmas. Haven't finished yet but I have started instruction book 2, so I can't say too much about it yet, but the new tracks look pretty sturdy. Anyone else get Technic for Chrimbo? (17 years ago, 25-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) I just won one on Ebay. I thought it might work well in a truck transmission. (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  TechnicBRICKs Blog

Hello, my name is Fernando and nickame here is Conchas, as well as at some other Forums. I'm a member of PLUG (Portuguese LUG), use to participate very actively at PLUG forum and much less often at EuroBricks forum. Some time ago, decided to start a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Yes, I have both of these sets. After I finish all of the "regular" Technic sets, I plan to go back and add some of these unique supplemental sets. The gear reduction blocks are especially interesting, and are needed for some of the models in (...) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: A Power-Functions Remote-Controlled Car

(...) Excellent video, Sivan - I can see this is fun to play around with. I have to admit that I was as of yet unaware of the power functions system. While I figure that an RCX with IR remote and some decent design work might also be quite (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

  A Power-Functions Remote-Controlled Car

I uploaded a video (with some stills in it) of a Power-Functions remote controlled car. It uses a dual-differential drive so that it can go straight well. (The video also shows stills of an earlier version that used a more conventional steering; but (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) [LEGOSet 880] (...) [LEGOSet 872] ROSCO (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Just by the way, back in those days LEGO also made a 12V technic motor that was the same size as the 4.5 but came in black. I actually used to have one that I got in a sealed box (!), and when testing it with a train speed regulator (12V grey (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Never... yet! Philo (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Thanks. Even though much of it is common knowledge for us, it took a whole lot of collecting, building, and searching the Internet to acquire that knowledge. My goal here is to put a lot of that knowledge together in one place. I am certainly (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) By the way, I noticed that your site only looks at the 9V motors. Have you ever dissected or tested one of these 4.5V motors? Eric (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Good point, Philo. I did not choose very good wording here. What I meant was that, as a DC motor, there is no "hot" terminal and no "neutral" terminal. Therefore, you cannot hook it up wrong and damage it. I'll go back and see if I can clean (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Eric, this is a fantastic resource you are creating. I can't wait to see further updates - even if for some of us what you write is common knowledge, it still makes good reading and I always find something new to appreciate. As a side note, (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

Hi Blakbird, Little note about 4.5V motor: when you say "The motor is DC, so polarity is not important."... precisely since it is a DC motor, polarity IS important, rotation direction depends on it... Philo (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

Update ====== Universal sets from 1982 now added. Blakbird (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Digicomp II

(...) I'd love to claim full credit, but I really have to say I never would have thought this was possible until I had read about the original. The patent for the original Digi-comp II is really interesting - the one patent contains the idea for (...) (17 years ago, 16-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact