 Technic / 15074
Re: Check Out The 8285
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 04:55:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Andy Evans wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
   This set looks really interesting! It looks more realistic than the previous technic tow truck, plus the engine has a little fan-piece! (It’s good to see that again).

I agree Vineet. It looks like a cross between the Airtech Claw Rig (8868) and the Tow Truck (8462). It even looks like it uses the large shocks in the rear as jack stands. My guess is this set will be out in July / August if prior year releases are anything to go by.

Hopefully will see more pictures from the upcoming Toy Fair.

My thoughts:

Looks even more like a smaller version (because of barcode truck wheels) of this tow truck by grazi which is in turn based on 5571. Which brings the question...

Is 8285 a NK product?

If this is not real, how come the Bricklink entry shows a weight of 2.8kg?

If my intuition is correct, I should be able to get this in June, for somewhere between CDN$130 to $150, and get 1000+ pieces in the box. Now this is a must-have for me again.

The barcode truck wheel is making a strong comeback, being chosen as the standard truck wheel of 2000s.

I should build an “Airtech Claw Rig 2006” out of this thing.

I should go to bed now.

Keith