 Technic / 14793
Re: Is there any incentive to buy set 8436...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 01:47:20 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Stephane Simard wrote:
   (or any other 2004 technic sets) if I already have

    8421 Mobile Crane / Crane Truck
1884 elements, 0 figures, US$150, 2005
LEGO > TECHNIC > Building Toy

None of the 2004 technic set seem all that appealing to me... That plane with bionicle propellors is horrible.

8421 is the first technic set I got since 2003 and I have every big technic set released from 1977 until that year. I had previously sworn to stop buying new sets since the new grays, but 8421 gave me reason enough to break that oath.

5 Reasons 8436 is a good buy:

1. It has awesome tires, and more than just 2 or 4 of them. 2. It has many possibilities for MOC’s, such as Nathanael Kuipers design. http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=2512 3. It is a great kit for providing a little bit of everything. 4. It is a great compact design 5. The steering pieces (swing arms) are invaluable for use in large, heavy MOC’s that require that type of steering.

The kit was a winner for me.

Nathan