 Technic / 14794
Re: Legoworld 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:52:42 GMT

Hello Mario, Steve & all
Yes, we had a lot of fun with it. It was a French-Italian project, most modules
having been built by Philo and myself, plus a few by other friends.
It was a big success. The table was always crowded with visitors and both adults
and the children found it intriguing and enchanting.
It was a great pleasure to be able to build a bigger GBC, an even greater one to
see the sparks in the eyes of children...
The consecration came tuesday when I was able to talk about GBC with KKK himself
;o)

It was a success also on the aspect of robustness and stability. During the
weekend, it has been running from 9am to 5pm with no stops, requiring very few
assistance.
I was very happy with the overall reliability of the circuit.

There is some wear because of heavy usage, but nothing annoying (some plastic
dust around heavy duty gears, and traces of soccer balls black paint everywhere)

The weakest point of the circuit was my small catapult module,
because I built it just a couple of days before the event and it lacked some
testing.

It worked very well nonetheless, and I was very impressed by the carousel module
you built during the event!

Philo had an RCX counting the passing balls. IIRC the GBC handled more then
10,000 balls per day.

Actually it counted about 15000 balls at 0.65 balls/second average. I need to
improve display on my monitor module (limited to 9999 now, I'll use the datalog
indicator to improve range).

I hope to be able to upload some photographs and videos soon...

Philo