Re: Legoworld 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:34:43 GMT

On Fri, October 28, 2005 4:52 am, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
It was a great pleasure to be able to build a bigger GBC, an even greater one to
see the sparks in the eyes of children...
The consecration came tuesday when I was able to talk about GBC with KKK himself
;o)

I know what you mean.  I did the same at BrickFest...

You can really tell how much he loves what LEGO is, and he really seemed to enjoy
thee GBC.

Philo had an RCX counting the passing balls. IIRC the GBC handled more then
10,000 balls per day.

Actually it counted about 15000 balls at 0.65 balls/second average. I need to
improve display on my monitor module (limited to 9999 now, I'll use the datalog
indicator to improve range).

One of the guys in our club made a counter, with a 4 digit display...

The problem is the display looks like clocks from different time zones, so many
people did not realize it was actually counting the balls.  In the future, he's
planning on making a display like a car odometer.  That should be cool.

I hope to be able to upload some photographs and videos soon...

We're looking forward to seeing them.

Steve