 Technic / 14650
    Re: New technique: three position piston control —Mark Bellis
   (...) No, I was so busy at work that I missed a couple of days online! I had a look at both, but a dual piston scheme works better for steering because of equalising the piston area and pushing at least 3 switches. In fact I have two cylinders in (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New technique: three position piston control —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) <snip> I used some axle joints to optimise cylinder position limiting in normal logic (...) Do you have a website where I can peruse your work? (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New technique: three position piston control —Mark Bellis
     In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote: (SNIP) (...) Sadly not, though I'll upload a lot more to my Brickshelf once my digital camera arrives. That will be better than circuits for explaining the positions of offset switches. I had also planned to (...) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop) —Mark Bellis
   (...) I have succeeded in directly cascading trinary pneumatic stages (where cylinders stop in the middle). This is a direct development of my mid-stop pneumatic JCB steering mechanism, which I first described here two years ago: (URL) (second (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop) —Kevin L. Clague
     In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: <snip> (...) Hmmmm..... this paragraqph mentions two pistons and three switches.... (...) I look forward to seeing them! (...) More ways are better! (...) Me too! (...) Kev (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop) —Kevin L. Clague
     In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: <snip> (...) Mark, Any news on this effort? I'm intrigued by the thought of another mid-stop mechanism. Kev (19 years ago, 14-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Pictures of New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop) —Mark Bellis
   In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: (SNIP) (...) Here are the pictures (at last!) They show the control stage, cascade stage and steering stage of Trinary Mid-Stop pneumatic logic. Start in the centre position: (URL) to the left: (URL) back to the (...) (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce.moc)

        Re: Pictures of New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop) —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Hi Mark, cool stuff! I guess that the ganged switches on the far right are the switch stage, but I don't know what the other two large blocks are, or how they work. One thing I learned early with documenting MOCs, is to never use black when (...) (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Pictures of New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop) —Mark Bellis
   (...) Hi Kevin, Yes, the bottom right stage is the control stage, with 2 active switches. I left the third one in to keep the stability with the cams and 2L liftarms so that the 1x4 brick with holes moves as a parallelogram. I got into the habit of (...) (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Pictures of New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop) —Kevin L. Clague
   In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: <snip> (...) Mark, I've tried to study the pictures, but I cannot resolve the mechanical linkages, and/or the pneumatic hookups. I was going to try to draw up a schematic, but I just can't resolve the images. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Pictures of New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop) —Mark Bellis
   (...) I'll start a schematic next week as this week is an unusual week at work. That should cover the pneumatic circuit. Basically, each stage gets a feed from the compressor, which goes to the middles of the two switches that drive the next stage (...) (19 years ago, 17-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)