 Technic / 14557
Re: Dual Hex small piston compressor (repost)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:23:13 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, Steve Lane wrote:
Hi Steve,
I literally mean broken.  I changed some of the beams to get a different
color, and in thbe process created a hose cutter (not unlike a paper
cutter) and
unwittingly sliced hoses.

Once fixed, I never had problems with hoses popping off.  I made sure to
use new
hose.

Do you think you could develop the hose cutter accidentally built a bit more
to make something that could automatically cut pneumatic tubing to length?
Was the cut sharp and at 90 degree angles to the hose end, or did it come
out jagged and at an odd angle?  The worst possible thing that could happen
IMHO, would be bad, angular hose ends that slide on and force one to make
the hoses angle a bit on the plastic connector block instead of being
straight and true.

Hi Geoffrey,
  It was neither kind of cut.  It merely did a partial cut of the hose.  THis is
worse because it is not as evident.
Kevin