 Technic / 14485
Re: Simplest steerable car chassis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:20:57 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> wrote in message
news:IL9wsG.1y1G@lugnet.com...
As I see this, it depends on what generation of
"steering gear" elements you have.  There are a
number of different variants.

I have a fair amount of older Technic, including steering parts, but not the
most recent stuff.

Here's an example which requires some common Technic parts:

http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/articulated-rig/

Aha! I had this instructions set sitting on my hard drive from way back, and
it was the first thing I thought of, so I built it before I posted here. It
is very cute and extremely clever, but because it steers the back wheels
rather than the front, I think it will confuse my daughter more than help.
She's not good at visualising mechanical stuff, which is why I want to do
this so she can see what happens when she turns the wheel when backing up,
and why the car does what it does.

I'm going to browse the set database for older technic cars and see what I
can find.

Thanks Fredrik!

Kevin