 Technic / 14346
  8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

Greetings and Salutations! Having recently purchased two of these 8420 sets for the new wheels and the new tension adjustable shocks, I was checking out the travel and adjustable spring tension when I noticed the shock locking into a half extended (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

(...) My friends and I noticed this as well with a copy of 8420 that we opened up. I find the action a bit odd (it behaves something like a retractable ball-point pen), but wondered if there was some justification based on a more diverse use of the (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

(...) John, I think I saw this as a standard feature in the big RC car from LEGO. Ralph (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

That would be this RC racer, of course: (URL) Ralph (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

(...) Mine are dark grey and the instructions show yellow.maybe there was a production change too. I guess if we put them into a frame that has limits the travel so the shock doesnt fully compress it won't trigger the lock. this would make them a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

Hello to you all, This question was asked before in this newsgroup. Then I also answered that these shock are indeed used in the 8369 Dirt Crusher, the radio controlled LEGO car. These shocks can be locked into half extended position and there is a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

(...) Greetings ! Thanks Ralph and Maico, I did a search for the set 8420 and didn't see any more info. I hadn't noticed the shock in the 8369 so thanks for that info. How many shocks were included in the 8369 RC car set? I looked closely at the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

Hello John, (...) The 8369 has two of these shocks. One as you noticed for the front axle and the second one for the rear axle. I do drive with this RC car outside and when driving on sand you want a lot of ground clearance. I have build myself a 4 (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

(...) This seems to be an intended feature, as in my instruction set it shows that feature of the shock. I was not aware of the adjustability of them, will have to check into that. My shock was also dark blew in color and not yellow like the box and (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)