 Technic / 14353
Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:56:46 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Maico Arts wrote:
Hello to you all,

This question was asked before in this newsgroup. Then I also answered
that these shock are indeed used in the 8369 Dirt Crusher, the radio
controlled LEGO car.

These shocks can be locked into half extended position and there is a
ring to adjust the spring on this shock giving the shock a higher strenght.

So, Ralph, you are right :-)

Greetings
Maico Arts

Ralph Hempel schreef:
John Morgan wrote:

Greetings and Salutations!
Having recently purchased two of these 8420 sets for the new wheels
and the new
tension adjustable shocks, I was checking out the travel and
adjustable spring
tension when I noticed the shock locking into a half extended position.

John,

I think I saw this as a standard feature in the big RC car from LEGO.

Ralph

Greetings !
Thanks Ralph and Maico,
I did a search for the set 8420 and didn't see any more info. I hadn't noticed
the shock in the 8369 so thanks for that info. How many shocks were included in
the 8369 RC car set?  I looked closely at the catalog picture and it appears
they use one shock for the front suspension.  Does the model count on light
weight of the car to not compress the shocks to change the extension lock? I
guess that would mean you could compress the shocks while they are in the model
and change it from a "off road" to a "low the ground, lower center of gravity "
car. pretty cool design IMO.
Thanks again for your information!!
   John