 Technic / 14351
Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:20:29 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
My friends and I noticed this as well with a copy of 8420 that we opened up. I
find the action a bit odd (it behaves something like a retractable ball-point
pen), but wondered if there was some justification based on a more diverse use
of the element.

Out of curiosity, are your shocks dark gray? or, are they yellow (as box
indicates)? Ours was gray.

-Suz

Mine are dark grey and the instructions show yellow.maybe there was a
production change too.  I guess if we put them into a frame that has limits the
travel so the shock doesnt fully compress it won't trigger the lock. this would
make them a little more adaptable. hmmmmm.....

John