 Technic / 1434
Re: 8880 Supercar Performance Upgrades
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 03:45:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Jeff Boen wrote:
Take a look at the first upgrade made available from a renowned German Racing
Tuner:

http://home.flash.net/~onyx/Sehr_Schnell/Sehr_Schnell_Main.htm

Cool!  The way you modelled the turbo, intake, and exhaust couldn't have
been done better in such a small package, IMO.  Tell me, are the
intercoolers air-to-water, or air-to-air?  :-)

While on the subject of cars, here is a Honda CR-X I built from parts
from a couple 8880's, 8865's, and Mindstorms sets.  Warning, the site is
for high-bandwidth connections only, unless you're really patient!
There are almost 10 megs of pics included:

http://Arts.ramapo.edu/physics/chea/lego/crx.htm

I am currently working on building a Honda NSX with a 5-speed + reverse
gearbox, but it has a shifter that is a lot more realistic than the 8448
shifter.  So far I have completed on this car:  the lower frame, rear
suspension, exhaust piping, clutch-type limited slip differential,
90-degree V-6 transverse engine, single disc clutch, 5-speed gearbox +
reverse, partial front suspension, and onboard air jacks...  My goal is
to make this one better than my CR-X in every respect.  If anybody wants
to see it, I can post preliminary pics.
--
Cheers,
Henry C.