 Technic / 14162
Re: Pneumatic steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 19:13:27 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
How do you people set it up? Do you use those small pneumatic pistons for the
steering? If not, then what? How is the system operated? Do you use a
gear-operated valve? Do you have any LDraw designs that you could show me?

(Sorry for the redundancy of this question)

Up to now I've just moved the two levers of the input valves.  My system uses 2
large cylinders facing each other.  The steering arm moves 3 valves, which are
offset from each other and two of which are pulled by rubber bands.

Sorry I haven't had chance to draw my pneumatic steering system yet (in the same
style as my Pick and Place robot:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1106191> ) because I'm moving
jobs soon and it takes a little while to draw, even in Visio.  I shall draw it
when I can.

Mark