 Technic / 14124
    hydraulic steering —Vineet Honkan
   When you guys build those big actros trucks et al, how do you fit in a hydraulic steering system? Do you use a gear method to operate the valve? If not then how? Do you have any sketches of the setup that you could post? Thanks a bunch! (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: hydraulic steering —Vineet Honkan
   (...) That should read 'pneumatic steering'. Sorry for the typo. (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Pneumatic steering —Vineet Honkan
   How do you people set it up? Do you use those small pneumatic pistons for the steering? If not, then what? How is the system operated? Do you use a gear-operated valve? Do you have any LDraw designs that you could show me? (Sorry for the redundancy (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Pneumatic steering —Mark Bellis
     (...) Up to now I've just moved the two levers of the input valves. My system uses 2 large cylinders facing each other. The steering arm moves 3 valves, which are offset from each other and two of which are pulled by rubber bands. Sorry I haven't (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Pneumatic steering —David Wegmuller
   (...) Hi Vineet, Here is one way to do it: (URL) prototype was built when I was thinking of building an articulated truck. The same principle can be applied to any kind of steering where you need three positions. The key element is the controller: (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Pneumatic steering —Vineet Honkan
   To all those lugnet guys who have built those huge MBenz actros trucks- How do you implement the pneumatic steering? Thanks. (19 years ago, 14-May-05, to lugnet.technic)