 Technic / 1387
Re: Your most expensive "MOC"...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 16:26:21 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

<snip!!!>
... no need for the Legoland Psychiatric Ward ... just keep building ...

Exactly.  Don't feel bad about any amount of LEGO that you have actually built
(or are in the process of building) something out of.  You should only feel
bad if you have huge amounts of LEGO wasting away in its original boxes or in
sorting bins.

I tend to build things and then leave the final version built and on display.
I rarely "recycle" parts for other projects.  Once I've put that kind of
effort into designing and building an MOC, I'd rather buy new replacement
parts if I need them for another project.

But as my models get better (IMHO), some of the older ones are starting to
look less displayable and more like wasted lumps of spare parts, so I suppose
there are always exceptions to any rule.

To answer the original question, my most expensive MOC is probably only a
couple hundred bucks worth of parts (although in some cases I spent much more
actually obtaining those parts), but my aggregate collection of MOC's probably
represents 20-30% of my collection.  At least it did before a recent buying
spree...

Build all you want.  They'll make more!!!